We take privacy seriously. The following five principles underpin our approach to respecting your privacy:
- We value the trust that you place in us by giving us your personal information. We will always use your personal information in a way that is fair and worthy of that trust.
- You are entitled to clear information about how we use your personal information. We shall always be transparent with you about what information we collect, what we do with it, with whom we share it and whom you should contact if you have any concerns.
- If you have any concerns about how we use your personal information, we will work with you to promptly resolve those concerns.
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse and keep it secure.
- We will comply with all applicable data protection laws and regulations and we will co-operate with data protection authorities. In the absence of data protection legislation, we will act in accordance with generally accepted principles governing data protection.
What information do we collect?
The types of information we may collect from you directly include your:
- email address
- telephone number
- credit card or other payment information
- user-generated content, posts and other content you submit to us
- Information we collect automatically when you use our sites
- information about the type of browser you use
- details of the web pages you have viewed
- your IP address
- the hyperlinks you have clicked
- your user name, profile picture, gender, networks and any other information you choose to share when using Third Party Sites (such as when you use the “Like” functionality on Facebook or the +1 functionality on Google+)
- the websites you visited before arriving at our site
Most internet browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can change the settings to block cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device. If you disable the cookies this may impact your experience on our sites.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information to improve our products and your experience on our sites.
We may use your personal information to:
- evaluate the use of our sites, products and services
- analyse the effectiveness of our advertisements, competitions and promotions
- personalise your website experience, as well as to evaluate (anonymously and in the aggregate) statistics on website activity, such as what time you visited it, whether you’ve visited it before and what site referred you to it
- make our sites easier to use and to better tailor the sites and our products to your interests and needs
- help speed up your future activities and experience on our sites. For example, a site can recognise that you have provided your personal information and will not request the same information a second time
- collect information about the device you are using to view our site, such as your IP address or the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using, and link this to your personal information so as to ensure that each site presents the best web experience for you
- to contact you regarding products and services which may be of interest to you, provided you have given us consent to do so or you have previously requested a product or service from us and the communication is relevant or related to that prior request and made within any timeframes established by applicable laws.
We may use your personal information to:
- suggest products or services (including those of relevant third parties) which we think may be of interest to you
- offer you the opportunity to take part in competitions or promotions
- for the purposes of competitions or promotions that you have entered
- to send you information, products or samples that you have requested
- to respond to your queries or comments
You can opt out of receiving communications from us at any time. Any direct marketing communications that we send to you will provide you with the information and means necessary to opt out.
Where we collect personal information for a specific purpose, we will not keep it for longer than is necessary to fulfil that purpose, unless we have to keep it for legitimate business or legal reasons. In order to protect information from accidental or malicious destruction, when we delete information from our services we may not immediately delete residual copies from our servers or remove information from our backup systems.
As a general rule, we do not share your personal information with anyone.
We may also share your personal information with companies, organisations or individuals if we believe that disclosure of the information is necessary for legal reasons.
We may share your personal information to:
- conduct investigations into possible breaches of applicable laws
- detect, prevent and protect against fraud and any technical or security vulnerabilities
- comply with applicable laws and regulations, co-operate in any legal investigation and meet enforceable governmental requests
We do not sell personal information, except to an entity to which we divest all or a portion of our business (for example, in connection with our sale of a brand), or otherwise in connection with a merger, consolidation, change in control, reorganization or liquidation of all or a portion of our business.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about how we handle your personal information, then you may contact us by clicking the Contact Us link.
You have the right to tell us if you:
- don't want to be contacted in the future by us
- would like a copy of the personal information which we hold about you
- would like us to correct, update, or delete your personal information in our records
- wish to report any misuse of your personal information
To assist us in dealing with your request, please provide your full name and details.